What may have felt like a lifetime a go to us, the hype is still going strong for the Nominees and attendees and myself!
As an avid Academy Award goer, this time of the year always excites me enormously, this year more so getting to experience the buzz LIVE.
Unfortunately, I did not get to actually attend the Award Ceremony, being at the Hotel Roosevelt whilst E Entertainment were covering the Red Carpet at the Pool was pretty dang exciting.
Between running around the Roosevelt, passing Ryan Seacrest and Blac Chyna (to name a few), to attending the Hotel Roosevelt Oscars After Party my head was spinning – how was this real life, and how do the people of La La Land experience this daily/monthly/yearly.
From a little girl in Adelaide to covering the Academy’s for my own blog live from the Hotel Roosevelt, my younger self wouldn’t believe this to be true.
Non-the-less it was, now the red carpet has been covered extensively, so I only want to highlight a few of my favourite looks.
Penelope Cruz stunned in Chanel – my favourite look, classic, timeless and compliments her completely)
Leo & Brad – name a more iconic duo, these two at the Oscars 2020 was an iconic moment!
A few red-carpet goers promoted sustainable fashion, by #outfitrepeating, using upcyled and recycled materials and going vintage! I definitely think this trend will only increase for award seasons and it is so exciting to see!
- Saoirse Ronan in custom Gucci, reported the black part of her dress was repurposed material from her BAFTAs gown which she wore the week before.
- Elizabeth Banks #outfitrepeated in the iconic Badgley Mischka dress which she were in 2004!
- Jane Fonda also #outfitrepeated re-wearing an Elie Saab gown, which she first wore to the Cannes Film Festival in 2014.
- Kaitlyn Dever wore custom-made ethical gowns by Louis Vuitton. Dever wore a red dress made out of eco-responsible silk satin with Swarovski crystals and beads, and $47 red platform heels by Aldo, a climate-neutral brand.
- And lastly, Mr Phoenix himself donned the same Stella McCartney suit he wore all awards season.
This time round in my coverage, I will highlight my Oscars 2020 look!
Georgy Collection were nice enough to lend me a dress for the occasion. I felt like Marilyn Monroe in my (new – pinch me) Chanel Sunglasses, Vintage Christian Dior Pumps, and Georgy light blue Audrey dress.
It was a true old Hollywood moment, and what better than the Roosevelt for a backdrop.
My full LA LA Land post will be coming soon!
Image source: VOGUE